Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just Keepin It Real

If I'm keepin it real, it hasn't been an easy journey.... not even a desired one for me accept that I desire to please God more then I desire to please my flesh.  Eventually I hope to be married and have sex as much as possible  LOL....  I am proud of myself to small degree for my ability to abstain, since I could have sex at any given time if i so desire.... but thank God for self control. 

I have been tempted on many occasions, I'm even tempted now, and have tempted someone else....   but eventually I come to my senses.  ****whew!  thank God!

Again it is not for any other reason but to respect the spirit of God that dwells within and to keep the commands of God.  Much easier said then done.. but i'm fighting the good fight. 

The schmeckle is calling often and I have to remind myself that the current momentary satisfaction will never lead to the desired end if i give in to the temptation.

So are you tempted right now?

3 comments:

  1. Nah...between cooking and cleaning, parenting, writing and reading other's writings, finding money and paying bills, I don't have time to fan the flames of lust! :) As the old saying goes, "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

    A better option was offered by Paul: Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things (Php 4:8).

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I divorced I decided to do something different with my life and the way I served the Lord. I was tired of failed relationships and I definitely did not want to dishonor God by living a sinful single life. Every relationship I had started with sex and ended with a disconnect. I do not think it is a coincidence. Having sex before marriage did not provide me an opportunity to connect on an emotional level. Therefore, we never became friends. We were sexual partners who happen to live together. When trials came up, we could not overcome them because we had no incentive to work it out other than sex. So, I decided to do something different this time. I decided to become "her" friend first as God would have me to be. I believe that would be pleasing to Him as well as provide encouragement and instruction to others. signed a man trying to live holy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Soljah, how long have you been celibate?

    @Anonymous, thank you for your transparency. I commend you for your desire to please God over your flesh.

    ReplyDelete