Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

YES I LOVE SEX

 I keep getting asked this question:  DO YOU LIKE SEX? 

Because of my stance on abstinence apparently the consensus  is that I don't like sex.  Why is that even  an assumption let alone the first assumption or conclusion because a woman or a man desires to take a stance on purity? 

Why must I dislike sex or have sexual issues to have made the decision to adhere to the standard my Father in heaven has mad clear we should adhere to if we desire to be in His will?

Let me lay down a few scriptures for you to go read and marinate on. 

Romans 12:1,  God apparently believes it's reasonable for us to give our bodies to him... but somehow we don't I guess.

1 Cor 3:16-17  We are the Temple which houses the Holy Spirit... so is your temple clean?

1 Cor 6:18   We don't feel the need to do this for some reason though right?  We like to justify our behavior and needs. 

Let me make this perfectly clear to everyone who cares to know.......... I fricken love sex!!!!!!!  I enjoy it, I want it, I crave it, I wish I could have it right now.  But guess what?  I'm not an animal that can not control my urges and desires.... I used to be, but I'm not any more.

Sex should be special, not casual and should not be had between two people who are not in covenant with one another.  So while you ladies and gentlemen sleep with each other to get your momentary joy and satisfaction, you ignore the emptiness that follows when there is nothing that follows.

So trust me when I say I do not abstain and promote abstinence because I don't like sex or have an issue with sex.  If I were bold enough I would give you the name and number of my ex and let him tell you.  HA!!!  Bad girl Lisa bad girl!!!!... but on a real note... I am abstinent because I get the revelation of how important it is for me and how important it is to God.  Obedience is my desire and motive.

My connection with God is real and it's serious and I can no longer vex His spirit which lives in me... I can no longer tolerate the separation from God that I feel when I have sex with a man that is not my husband.

To whom much is given, much is required and God has given me a lot and is requiring a lot of me.  And the sacrifice is REASONABLE for me. 

It may not seem reasonable to you or others, but you have no idea what being clean, and obedient feels like if you can say that without guilt.

Folks love to hear about the goodness of God, but hate to hear the truth when it comes to what is required of us as living testimonies of His goodness.

Our goal in Christ should be to attain his Character, not His perfection.... and His character is attainable if you make the effort.

Conquering the flesh is the constant goal in this walk, renewing the mind and getting rid of the old thought pattern. 

Come on people we can do better and be better.  Don't project your issues on me when I desire to be right... I have no issues with sex.  I love sex, sex is beautiful, feels great and I can't wait to have lots of it.  But I have decided after many years of giving myself to all the wrong people to wait for the right one and have my relationship ordained by God.  It is what it is. 

For those of you who desire the same, I encourage you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment